About the tour
Our 3 day safari offers amazing game viewing opportunities at three superb National Parks, each one unique in its own way. The Ngorongoro Crater is world famous for its vast array of wildlife contained within a relatively small area. The crater offers travellers the best chance of seeing all the Big 5 in a single day! Tarangire National Park is home to the largest elephant population on the planet as well as hundreds of different bird species. Lake Manyara boasts a huge colony of baboons as well as unusual tree climbing lions. You will have exclusive use of a ZAFS TOURS 4×4 safari vehicle and an expert guide who will show you the best locations to spot the wildlife. With our experienced driver guides, it will be a trip of a lifetime!
- See the 'Big Five' at the Ngorongoro Crater
- Spot the elephants in large numbers at Tarangire River
- Witness unusual tree climbing lions in Lake Manyara National Park
You’ll need to organize their own flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). From JRO we will arrange a private transfer to your hotel in Arusha. That night or early the next morning you will meet your local ZAFS representative and have a full briefing.
You will be met by your guide and vehicle and driven to Lake Manyara, arriving with plenty of time for an afternoon game-drive. Located beneath the cliffs of the Manyara Escarpment, on the edge of the Rift Valley, Lake Manyara National Park is famous for its large alkaline soda lake which is home to the pink flamingo, yellow-billed stork and heron. If you are lucky, you may get chance to see the tree climbing lions and leopards, which are unique to this national park. Watch out though for some fun and antics from the local baboon population; Lake Manyara is believed to have the largest number of these primates in the World!
After an early breakfast, you will drive to the fascinating wildlife arena of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a “must see” safari destination. Home to more than 25,000 large mammals – it is not unusual to see all of the ‘Big Five’ (buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion and leopard) in a single day. The crater, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is over 260km2 (100 miles2) and was formed when a massive volcano exploded and collapsed on itself 2 – 3 million years ago. It is now the largest intact volcanic caldera in the world and often referred to as “Africa’s Eden”. Driving through the Ngorongoro Highlands, you will arrive at the crater rim and then descend down 610m (2000 feet) onto its’ floor to start your safari extravaganza.
A must for avid birdwatchers, boasting over 550 different bird species, the most diverse in Africa, including the Kori Bustard, the heaviest flying bird in the World! The Tarangire River runs through the park attracting a huge number of elephants, buffalo, giraffe and antelope, particularly in the dry season between June to October. It is not uncommon to see large herds of elephants roaming through Tarangire’s savannah grasses or taking shade under the odd looking “upside down trees” (baobab) that are dotted around the park. Following a morning game-drive you will transfer to your hotel in Arusha or to Kilimanjaro Airport.
Includes & Excludes
This Trip Cost Includes:
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Arusha on arrival on bed and breakfast basis
- Return airport transfers from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
- Full board accommodation at safari as per itinerary
- Exclusive use of 4WD safari vehicle and English speaking driver guide
- All Park fees and Crater fees
- Complimentary lunch on day 1
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water while on game drives
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room/tent on the itinerary
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Drinks of choice on the Itinerary
- Extra excursions / services available at safari lodges
- Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, phone calls & snacks
- Deviation from the safari itinerary provided
- Tips and gratuities for guide and lodge staff
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha at the end of your safari; can be booked on request