About the tour
For those short on time, this safari is the perfect way to see the best of Tanzania’s wildlife safari in just 2 days. The Ngorongoro Crater is a “must see” destination, home to over 25,000 animals and your best chance of seeing the “Big Five”. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of Tarangire National Park, where families of elephants congregate year round by the Tarangire River. You will have exclusive use of a ZAFS Tours 4×4 safari vehicle and an expert guide who will show you the best locations to spot the wildlife. With our experienced driver guides, it will be a trip of a lifetime!
- See the 'Big Five' at the Ngorongoro Crater
- Spot the elephants in large numbers at Tarangire River
- Ngorongoro Crater - World's biggest intact volcanic calder
You’ll need to organize their own flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). From JRO we will arrange a private transfer to your hotel in Arusha. That night or early the next morning you will meet your local ZAFS representative and have a full briefing.
You will be met by your private guide and vehicle and driven to Tarangire National Park, arriving with plenty of time for an afternoon game-drive. The Tarangire River runs through the park attracting a huge number of elephants, buffalo, giraffe and antelope. It is not uncommon to see large herds of elephants roaming through Tarangire’s savannah grasses or taking shade under the odd looking “upside down trees” (baobab) that are dotted around the park. The park also boasts over 550 different bird species, the most diverse in Africa, including the Kori Bustard, the heaviest flying bird in the World!
After an early breakfast, you will drive to the fascinating wildlife arena of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a “must see” safari destination. Home to more than 25,000 large mammals – it is not unusual to see all of the ‘Big Five’ (buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion and leopard) in a single day. The crater, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is over 260km2 (100 miles2) and was formed when a massive volcano exploded and collapsed on itself 2 – 3 million years ago. It is now the largest intact volcanic caldera in the world and often referred to as “Africa’s Eden”. Driving through the Ngorongoro Highlands, you will arrive at the crater rim and then descend down 610m (2000 feet) onto its’ floor to start your safari extravaganza. Late afternoon you will start your journey back to your hotel in Arusha or Kilimanjaro Airport.
Includes & Excludes
This Trip Cost Includes:
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Arusha on arrival on bed and breakfast basis
- Return airport transfers from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
- Full board accommodation at safari as per itinerary
- Exclusive use of 4WD safari vehicle and English speaking driver guide
- All Park fees and Crater fees
- Complimentary lunch on day 1
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water while on game drives
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room/tent on the itinerary
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Drinks of choice on the Itinerary
- Extra excursions / services available at safari lodges
- Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, phone calls & snacks
- Deviation from the safari itinerary provided
- Tips and gratuities for guide and lodge staff
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha at the end of your safari; can be booked on request